Biography of Chasper Wanner
1972 Born in Zurich
- 1981-83 rhythm classes at the music academy in Zurich, Switzerland
- 1984-88 drum studies at the music academy in Basel, Switzerland
- 1988-94 private studies on the electric guitar with Thomas Moeckel and Michael Jeup, Guitarist/composer for several pop- and rockbands
- 1995-97 studies at the Swiss Jazzschool Bern, Switzerland
- 1997-98 studies at the Los Angeles Music Academy in Pasadena, CA with diploma
- Since 1997 Compositions for various jazz and fusion groups
-1998-99 teaches at the Modern Music School in Pasadena, ensemble acompanist for bassplayers and drummers at the L.A. Music-Academy
- Since 2002: teaches electric/ acoustic guitar and ensemble workshops at two music schools in Switzerland
- private studies on the classical guitar with Jürg Meili.
with Frank Gambale, Jeff Richman, Brad Rabuchin, Ed Lucie, Bill Fowler, Jean
M a rc Belkadi, Jürg Meili. Workshops with Mike Stern, Alain Caron, Pat Martino, Hal Crook, Will Kennedy, Jimmy Haslip.
since 1999: ECM Jazzfusion with Pascal Grünenfelder – Bass, Michi Stulz – Drums, Alex Hendriksen – Sax, René Mosele – Trombone, Daniel Woodtli –
Trumpet, Michi Wipf - Percussion.
1999-2000: Jazzfusion with André
Buser - Bass, Andi Schnyder - Drums.
F. Abt & Ch. Wanner – Duo
1999-2001: Acoustic Jazz with Florian Abt – double bass.
progr. Pop/Rock 1999-2001.
since 2001. Chaos-Jazz-rock, Videoart and Electronics.
2002-2003: Guitarist/Sideman of the pop-rock group around singer-songwriter Lukas-Jonathan.
Chasper Wanner Quartet
2004: Jazz, soundscapes, loops and more… Just recorded with one of the greatest jazz drummer some new compositions. Feat. Danny Gottlieb –
Drums, Wolfgang Zwiauer – Electr. Bass, Alex Hendriksen – Tenor sax.
-1997-99: frequent concerts in Los Angeles/CA.
- Since 1999 (in Switzerland) :
„s’isch im Fluss“ Open-Air/Basel, Parterre/Basel, EJMA/Lausanne, INOX/Baden, SUN21- Festival/Basel, NT-A real/Basel, Jazzkantine/Luzern, Halle36/Baden, Restaurant Birseckerhof /Basel, Restaurant zum schmalen Wurf/Basel, Modus/Liestal, Carambar/Basel, Musical „Krach bei Bach“/Schaffhausen, Stanser Musiktage, Reitschule/Bern,Improvisorium/Huttwil, Musikexpo Eröffnung/Schwyz, Jugend und Kulturhaus Fabrik/Muttenz.
Improvisations, Electronics and noises
- April 2003: Performance at the art vernissage "Weltenengel" of Gabi Rother at the Martinskirche Müllheim/D.
- May 2004: Collaboration with the “Forum Claque”/Baden; three Performances with dancers and actors.
- July and September 2004: Collaboration with the „Theaterlabor“ Dynamo/Zurich; six Performances with video, th e a t re and lectures.
- demo recording in Los Angeles (1998),
- solo recording in Basel (1999),
- demo recordings for NORETRO in Basel (Dec. 1999/March 2000),
- CD recording and release of NORETRO's debut album (Fall 2001),
- CD recording and release of OUTMAR's debut album (December 2003),
- CD recording for CHASPER WANNER QUARTET (July 2004).
register | login
basket: 0 items (click to modify)
Once you have chosen your
CD you can either buy online using a credit/debit card or pay
by cheque if you prefer.
All cards are processed on a secure
server with Thawte authentication
We accept Visa, Visa Debit,
Mastercard, Switch, Solo, JCB
In a hurry? Hate
filling in forms? Worried about the internet? Need help? Call
us on 020 7724 2389